Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vixen's Mixens: The Bird Is the Word

Like the brilliant Sheldon Cooper, I suffer from Ornithophobia. Simply put - birds scare the bejesus out of me. I guess it all stems from watching The Birds at too young of an age as well as the incident where a pigeon flew at my head trying to take the sandwich I was in the process of eating on a park bench in Portugal.

Regardless of when and where it began, I hate birds. I will literally cross the street if there is a bunch of pigeons on the sidewalk. I am afraid to go to Venice because of all the frickin' birds they have there. No lie.

So why, you may ask, am I dedicating this month's playlist to the birds that so make my skin crawl? Because despite their filthy feathers, beady eyes and obnoxious chirps they make for great lyrical subjects. I guess the whole being able to fly thing really gets songwriters inspired. So I have faced my fear and produced: The Bird is the Word - a playlist filled with songs about all types of birds or songs by artists with birdy names, such as.... Birdy (ha!)

I hope you enjoy. As always, let me know if I have made any glaring omissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment