Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vixen's Mixens: I Love You In the Fall

Although the temps today may be in the 70s, the weatherman promises as of tomorrow we will really begin experiencing the fall – which, being a New Englander, is my favorite time of year. Not just for the changing leaves, but more for the boots and sweaters (obvi.) Yup, just let me wear some boots and sweaters and I am a happy camper – throw in a scarf and blazer and I am over the moon!

Here is my lovely set of tunes to get you pumped for this new fall season of boots, booties, cardies and cowl necks: I Love You In the Fall. On this mix you will find all sorts of autumnally themed songs, such as Yo La Tengo’s Autumn Sweater, Miss Li’s Autumn Cold, and Neil Young’s Harvest. I also have a fun folky/country section which includes a great bluegrass tune by Bill Monroe and His Bluegrass Boys called When the Golden Leaves Begin to Fall as well as Do You Love An Apple by the Secret Sisters and a countrified cover of the White Stripes’ Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground by Chris Thile. And because I love cheese with my apple pie, I had to include Barry Manilow’s Weekend In New England.

Big thanks to my brother Dylan for recommending the Black Keys’ Remember When (side A and side B) after discovering that his first choice Autumn Almanac by the Kinks was not available on Spotty. As I explained, the Kinks selection on Spotty is unfortunately very limited. However his replacement tunes do the Kinks justice!

I hope you enjoy the playlist, as well as the boots and sweaters! Next week’s theme will be: My Poppin’ Hip Hoppin’ 90s, which is a follow up to a previous playlist, My Rockin’ 90s. Get ready for some fantabulous and craptastic 90s pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment