Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vixen's Mixens: From the Vault! 60s Brits

Right before I took a trip to London a couple years back, I prepped a series of iTunes mixes of my fave songs by English artists (by decade) for my travel group to enjoy on the plane ride. Unfortunately most of them didn't have the chance to give them a listen after taking their Tylenol PMs with the booze of their choice.

To give these enjoyable mixes one more shot, I have converted them to Spotify and even added some bonus tracks, as Spotty's collection of Britpop definitely outnumbered my own. To begin I give you: 60s Brits, a fun collection filled with British Invasion artists. Fans of Quentin Tarantino may recognize the amazing ditty Hold Tight by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich, which was so beautifully used in Death Proof. There is also a couple choice tunes by the Troggs, inlcuding With a Girl Like You and the classic Love Is All Around, which never fails to make me think of Bill Nighy's ridiculous version of the song Christmas is All Around from Love Actually.

As usual, if you see any glaring omissions or errors please send me your comments and recommendations (they may make the playlist!) Reminder: no Beatles or Zeppelin on Spotty:-( Also this mix was only artists from England (no Scotts, Welsh or Irish.) So if you are yelling, "Where the F*** is Donovan?!!," there is your answer (he's Scottish.)

So in the future you will see other Brit decade playlists (70s, 80s, 90s and 00s), but as for next week the theme will be: Cover me! A playlist of only covers (I am sure it will be the first of many.)

No comments:

Post a Comment