Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Predictions

Before the big show begins I wanted to make some mind blowing predictions. First - best dressed will be Anne Hathaway, with Kate Winslet a close second. I think Hugh Jackman will be a charming and affable host. There won't be any shockers, although I think Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie will have an epic cat fight at the Governor's ball.

The official picks:

Best picture - Slumdog Millionaire
Best Actress - Kate Winslet (because she followed her own advice from extras and did a holocaust movie)
Best Actor - Sean Penn (although Mickey Rourke could also easily take it)
Best Supporting Actress - Penelope Cruz (normally I think she is too mosquito-like to enjoy her performances but she is hilarious in Vicky Christina Barcelona)
Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger...duh
Best Director - Danny Boyle (because he didn't win for trainspotting and everyone seems to love Slumdog)

Well that is it. We will have to wait and see if I come close. The only real lock is the catfight, really.

1 comment:

  1. I will bet on Nate Silver´s back. Henson as actress, Rourke as actor.

    ReplyDelete